Re: ATrpms and FC5/RHEL5

On 1/2/06, Michael A. Peters <mpeters mac com> wrote:
> If instead of just looking at EVR yum could look at DPEVR where D is
> dependency, P is repository priority, things might be better.

You know that depsolve is mostly delegated to rpmlib, right?

> [cut ... Explanation for a possible solution ... cut]

I think it will come down to this ... use yum for Core/Extras and
where default behavior of a 3rd party repo is acceptable to you.
Otherwise, use smart for any other weird, magic, bit-twiddling
behavior needs.

If a plugin can provide the solution you layed out, then by all means,
provide it. I highly doubt the proposed solution will go into yum
proper.

--
-jeff