Re: Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

DaveJ mentioned that recent FC kernels have memory usage tracking enabled,
which may slow down some processes considerably. You may be seeing this.
This will not be present in later kernels.
How does that explain the patterned behavior?

Also, I still run kernel 1688, because I don't want to deal with the hassle of making the livna nvidia driver work with modular X for every new kernel. Which kernel started including this tracking patch?