FC5 and Yum Plugins

Horst von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Jan 2 16:50:50 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:

[...]

> No, seriously. I guess you are a victim of this FUD just like many
> other people, too. There really isn't any correlation between a
> package being replaced/updated and having more bugs for this packages.

Humm... I'd guess you update /because/ there are unfixed bugs in the
vanilla version, so... ;-)

OTOH, I was burned some time back the other way around: On my x86_64 the
kernel wouldn't boot. So (on the suggestion of LKML) I went and tried a
bisection search for the patch which broke the kernel... but it was Fedora
optimizing the kernel for size, which Linus' configuration didn't do. Lots
of wasted time there.