Re: Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

Shrug, I hope you two pinpoint the problem.
Of course we'll pinpoint the problem.. going to investigate right now.

Nicolas, what apps are slow on your machine?

I don't have access to this system right now (thanksfully, it was driving me crazy). I do remember it was very frustrating, because sometime launching a new app / app instance was instantaneous, and other times the same launcher took 20 - 30 s to start doing stuff.

The apps used were mainly gnome-term, thunderbird, firefox, rhythmbox

Can you send me a copy of your xorg.conf off-list just in case (although I think this focus on the nvidia driver is going in the wrong direction),

Considering the athlon still uses a mach64 card (ATI Xpert work) I doubt nvidia is the cuprit.

rEGARDS,,

--
Nicolas Mailhot