Re: Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 10:34 -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> Which problem is that? I have one where switching to consoles 1-6,8,9
> makes the screen go pink with a garbled rectangle in one corner, instead
> of showing the login prompt - it's really fun, especially when X freezes
> on console 7. (and yes, this was with the nv driver).

I noticed when I updated my system a few days ago, it now loads the
rivafb module. And I know for a fact that rivafb and X do not get along,
and haven't for years. Flipping between vconsoles, or even just
restarting the X server, will lock the whole console hard after a few
times. Yes, this is with the open source "nv" driver. And rivafb seems
quite buggy anyway.

Is your system loading rivafb?