bash 3.1 update

I have very current rawhide system. This morning I updated bash,
selinux, coreutils, binutils, glibc....

During the update all the install scriptlets appeared to fail. Upon
rebooting my system wouldn't start since init was having problems
starting prefdm.

I tried booting in single user mode but at logging in just resulted in
another login prompt.

I tried using the FC5 test1 disk in rescue mode but it failed.

I used a set of FC4 disks to boot into rescue mode. Bash had only read
permission for group/other. Changing bash to rw for everyone got me a
runnable system again.

I was too dumb to investigate why the scriptlets didn't work, so I'm
unsure if the problem is with bash or selinux, so this is just a
warning to others and a suggestion of a workaround.

darrell