Re: edit root alias when installing the OS

On Jan 03, 2006, at 20:34, Florin Andrei wrote:

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 13:37 -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
On Sunday 01 January 2006 17:51, Florin Andrei wrote:
Allowing the operator to enter an arbitrary email address to receive the
email from root might be more realistic.

I think I'm with Michael Peters on this one, it should go to a local user
first.

Why not let the user chose? The installer should not play the nanny.

The installer does quite a bit of playing nanny, and I believe that's part of why anaconda is so good.

To me forward to a local address would be useless in most cases, while
mail loops are not a problem (I know how to configure and test email).

My belief is that there are too many users who don't, and making it easy for them to shoot themselves in the foot would lead to more trouble than its worth. But for giggles, since I'm in the process of trying to teach myself python, perhaps I'll try to put something together that does give users the choice...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod wilsonet com