Re: Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 02:44:15PM -0500, Anders Kaseorg wrote:
I see this too, and suspect it is a fontconfig problem:

I have a brand-new RH install on a PII-400 running right now and I do not
see these slowdowns here.

Although I do agree that RH is sluggish overall.
Thats pretty vague. Benchmarks, reproducible regressions, specific bug reports etc is the way to move forward with this.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DefaultServices for a ongoing effort.