Re: edit root alias when installing the OS

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 23:24 -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> My belief is that there are too many users who don't, and making it
> easy for them to shoot themselves in the foot would lead to more
> trouble than its worth. But for giggles, since I'm in the process of
> trying to teach myself python, perhaps I'll try to put something
> together that does give users the choice...

Why not both?  When creating a user, have a checkbox to 'deliver root's
email to this user', then also have a input dialog that says 'forward
this user's email to "______" address'.  This way multiple users can be
listed in the root alias, and each user can have their local mail
delivered elsewhere if desired.

Just my $0.02