Re: edit root alias when installing the OS

On 1/5/06, Tommy Reynolds <megacoder gmail com> wrote:
> Since folk appear receptive to automatically adding the root email address,
> could we extend a similar functionality, offering to add the first user
> account into /etc/sudoers?  The su(8) approach is just so-o-o-o open to the
> dark side.

I know other distributions do this, but I don't think it is a good
idea. Adding the first user to /etc/sudoers means that any malware
only needs to get that user's password, or get itself to run after you
use sudo, and then it gets root access.

I don't see what is wrong with using su.

n0dalus.