Re: edit root alias when installing the OS

On Jan 04, 2006, at 22:51, Michael A. Peters wrote:

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 16:33 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
Since folk appear receptive to automatically adding the root email
address, could we extend a similar functionality, offering to add the
first user account into /etc/sudoers?  The su(8) approach is just
so-o-o-o open to the dark side.

sudo is useful but is very dangerous - and the way Apple and some of the
distro's implement it is absolutely stupid.

If you are going to enable sudo, it has to be done extremely carefully -
so that a shell can be spawned.

I presume you meant "so that a shell CAN'T be spawned".

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod wilsonet com