USB storage question (was Re: CD Eject)

Hi

First, never yank a mounted USB device.

Something that has been bothering me for a while, what is responsible for detecting and mounting USB devices on Fedora?

The reason I ask is that I'd like to make sure that what I consider reasonable mount options are used, including noatime and shortname=win95 (I have a FAT based mp3 player that by default mounts but is unusable due to the default shortname setting)

I would like to reconfigure it and if code changes are necessary to allow configurability then I might still be tempted. So please point me in the direction of something relevant...

-Cam

--
camilo mesias co uk                                                 <--