Re: edit root alias when installing the OS

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 09:44 -0500, Paul A Houle wrote:
>     To make GUIs work,  Unix would have to give up on
> human-comprehensible configuration files.  (Yes,  that means XML.)

Complete and total horse hockey. The route Fedora has gone with
system-config-* is exactly one of the things I like about it. Slick easy
to use GUI configuration tools, and the configuration is stored
in /etc/sysconfig in a brain dead simple FOO="bar" format.

How you can sit on a Fedora devel list and tell us GUIs on unix can't
work, I don't know. It can work and has worked for over 5 years now.