Mono app packaging

Hi,
I noticed that at least in the packages for f-spot and beagle the executable binaries are located in "/usr/lib/<app>/*.exe" and that "/usr/bin" merely contains stub scripts that call these executables. This looks quite ugly to me as it defeats the standard filesystem hierarchy so is this something temporary or is this so kind of "best practice" for mono applications?

Regards,
  Dennis