Re: rawhide report: 20060110 changes [extras packages moved to core]

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
On Mar 10 janvier 2006 19:44, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On 1/10/06, Josh Boyer <jwboyer jdub homelinux org> wrote:

if f-spot is in... is gthumb going to be moved out as overlapping
functionality?
I'd prefer one or the other... but not both in Core.  I have no dog in
the "best of breed image management" race lets just pick one and then
move the other one into Extras.

There is one *BIG* difference between gthumb and f-spot

[snip]

Till f-spot gets a "casual browsing mode" it's not a real gthumb replacement

So this would not make f-spot a more appropriate candidate for extras instead of core? If, for example, we will have a simple BitTorrent GUI in core and the full featured Azureus in extras, why not the same policy for image organizers?

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/