rawhide report: 20060110 changes [extras packages moved to core]

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:26:44 UTC 2006

On 1/11/06, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> You're assuming that a directory viewer (which we already have in
> nautilus, though it is not targeted to just images) is more valuable to
> the image user than a centralized app.  In other words, before trying to
> replace functionality, first ask whether the functionality was really
> useful to begin with.  For most people, the answer is not really.

I can hold up my wife as an example of your analysis of how a "normal
user" wants to interact with photos. She goes through the trouble of
booting back into windows to use picasa because of its photo
management capabilities. It will be interesting to see if f-spot means
the functionality bar to make booting into windows no longer worth the
effort.

-jef