Re: rawhide report: 20060110 changes [extras packages moved to core]

Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

On 1/11/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
I can hold up my wife as an example of your analysis of how a "normal
user" wants to interact with photos. She goes through the trouble of
booting back into windows to use picasa because of its photo
management capabilities. It will be interesting to see if f-spot means
the functionality bar to make booting into windows no longer worth the
effort.

Are there "official" statements about directives for core/extra inclusion?
There are some generic guidelines

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/desktop/defaults.html
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/CoreVsExtras

There has been ongoing discussions in fedora-maintainers list about defining targets in a better way.

--
Rahul