Re: Python namespace in packages

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
Currently in Perl packages rpmbuild detects what modules are used and
provided by the package and creates Requires and Provides tags in the
form of "perl(Foo::Bar)". Supposedly there are scripts that can detect
module usage in Python apps as well and can generate the appropriate
tags, e.g., "Provides: python(kid)". I'm just wondering why Fedora isn't
taking advantage of this.

Okay, that's a lot more clear. :)

It's a good question, I don't know. I'd be all for introducing this, though.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
McGill University WSG