Will gnome-mount read /usr/share/hal/fdi/ policy files?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 20:41:00 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:
> It's about 4-8 days of work (being conservative) but I'm not sure it's
> done before in a few months. It seems that most GNOME vendors definitely
> want something like this though so it's going to happen one way or
> another.

the change in how policy is being handled as thrown me for a real
loop. I thought i was comfortable enough with how hal policy to
generate my own policy additions.. now with the introduction of
gnome-mount into rawhide I'm absolutely lost as to how this is suppose
to work. The fact that the gnome-mount and hal documentation available
in the rawhide packages are silent as to roadmap or the new structure
really hurts my ability to grok what is going on, from a consumer
perspective let alone a potential contributor to ui tools.

-jef