Re: rawhide report: 20060114 changes - NVIDIA driver fix

Justin Conover wrote:
On 1/14/06, Build System <buildsys redhat com> wrote:

Updated Packages:

kernel-2.6.15-1.1853_FC5
------------------------
* Sat Jan 14 2006 David Woodhouse <dwmw2 redhat com>
- Make CHRP build again

* Fri Jan 13 2006 David Woodhouse <dwmw2 redhat com>
- Update softmac and add WPA support to bcm43xx driver
- 2.6.15-git9

* Fri Jan 13 2006 David Woodhouse <dwmw2 redhat com>
- Add TIF_RESTORE_SIGMASK patches.
- Fix I/O queue stalls

Could any of this affect how nvidia (closed source drivers are installed)?
I know closed source drivers aren't supported, so please don't turn this
into a flamefest, but I would appreciate how I can tell yum not to remove
kernels.

kernel-2.6.15-1.1826.2.10_FC5
kernel-devel-2.6.15-1.1826.2.10_FC5

Works just fine and I really need my dual screens(twinview) so if you can
tell me how I can keep those two packages I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

BTW There is a patch for the NVIDIA problem in the thread:

John