suspend/hibernate on desktops

I've been playing with the pm-suspend and pm-hibernate on my desktop withe recent kernels (rawhide and davej repo) sometimes I it dies, sometimes it nearly works, sometimes it refuses to sleep but comes straight back to life, I think once it even came back to life after susppending, all good fun :-)

Just wondering are the developers particularly interested in getting suspend/resume working on desktops in FC5, or is the prime focus to get it working on "popular" laptops first? Since my test box is intended to end up as a htpc, I'd appreciate anything which helps it be as silent as possible, but I don't want to raise diversions if the focus is elsewhere ...

Thoughts?