Re: suspend/hibernate on desktops

Bojan Smojver wrote:

You may find that patching your kernel with suspend2 (http://www.suspend2.net/) can give you much better results.

Thanks for the reminder, whenever suspend or suspend2 pops up on LWN or somewhere else I have a look to se what the status is, tried on my laptop probably 12-18 months ago, FC5 is the first "off the shelf" kernel that has come close to suspending for me

The software is being actively developed and works quite well on a number of machines (as reported by people that are actually using it).

I might give it a go ...