Re: suspend/hibernate on desktops

> I agree that kernels in extras is not a good idea.  However, you have the
> same security issues with kernel _modules_ in extras.  Think OpenAFS
> security issue, etc.

OpenAFS can't go in extras, the license isn't compatible with the GPL
(and thus the kernel license)

yes extras has SOME security issues. But it's not the same. There is a
difference between having to fix a roothole in 15 different kernels and
building 15 modules, and having to fix it in one, and then potentially
rebuild a few outside modules. Just in build time alone, but also in
complexity and testing.