Re: suspend/hibernate on desktops

Josh Boyer wrote:

I agree that kernels in extras is not a good idea.  However, you have
the
same security issues with kernel _modules_ in extras.  Think OpenAFS
security issue, etc.
OpenAFS can't go in extras, the license isn't compatible with the GPL
(and thus the kernel license)

I'm not going to bite on that, sorry :).  All I know is that there are
some packaging OpenAFS at the moment with the intention of getting it into
Extras.
The guidelines allow that. From http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines

"Kernel-module packages must use one of the following licenses: GNU General Public License v2.0, GNU Lesser General Public License v2, IBM Public License v1.0, Common Public License v0.5, Q Public License v1.0, Open Software License v1.1, or any open source license granted by Red Hat.

Note that any kernel module licensed with any license except GPL or LGPL will taint the kernel."

The OpenAFS module license is IBM Public license. http://www.openafs.org/frameset/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/openafs/

--
Rahul