Re: suspend/hibernate on desktops

Dave Jones wrote:

The biggest problem we have with suspend/resume is making the video
come back on when we resume.  On some laptops, the BIOS
re-POST's the chip itself, so nothing needs to be done.

I'll try the "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" I've see suggested in various places.

Resume was "better" for me up until the last kernel or two before FC5T2, it did used to power back on and then realize it hadn't re-initialised the SATA disks, I presume today's kernel with git11 would fix that if it got that far (it panics and flashes the keyboard LEDS as soon as it powers back on)