Re: totem great instability

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:39:10 +0000 Naheem Zaffar wrote:
> Just as a side note, todays totem is the first one that has successfully worked for me in a long while.
You are lucky!

I opened 177985 for inability to open audio cds: can you?
It seems CD playing is not yet fixed upstream in the gstreamer 0.10 branch.

> And gstreamer's plugin architecture allows it to add any functionality not provided by default.
> As far as I know, only one rpm needs to be added now for most non-fre formats.

Can you be more precise? Suppose I only have fc5 packages installed,
which kind of plugin do I need to install if I want to dig with totem
experience?
Do you mean gstreamer-ffmpeg? In that case where can I download binary
rpm for fc5 or source-rpm to build myself?