Re: Python namespace in packages

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 11:34 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 10:49 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 07:11 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > > One thing I've always wondered is why a Python namespace isn't being
> > > used even though it's one of the primary languages used in Fedora. It
> > > doesn't make any sense to me why they aren't implemented. Does anyone
> > > have a reasonable explanation of why not?
> >
> > So does no one else see this as an issue? Or is this the wrong list for
> > such an inquiry?
>
> It's mostly a matter of 'round 'tuits. :-/
>
> We should definitely try to make sure it gets done for FC6, though.  If
> someone wants to go ahead and get the necessary changes lined up, that
> would make it a bit easier to do as well

I was made aware of the following by the poster:

http://archives.mandrivalinux.com/cooker/2004-08/msg04482.php

I don't have time to look at it in detail atm, but it looks promising.
The only issues I can see are with packages missing __init__.py and
zipped eggs, but even those can be handled with a bit more code.

http://fedora.ivazquez.net/