Re: rawhide stability

Hi

   Heck,  the 2.6 kernel is a "2.5" kernel these days.

The core of the 2.6 kernel seems sound, but there's a "permanent revolution" in the network, block drivers and other things that are essential to a reliable system.

A lot of it is that the direction of Linux is being set by large corporations: the kind of organizations who can hire a team of ten kernel hackers to make the system reliable.

   If you want a reliable OS,  switch to Windows.

Please people. This is a Fedora development list. Not a general stage or a sounding board. If you want to discuss 2.6 kernel development, LKML might be a better place but we had this discussion before multiple times everywhere. We can always trade one set of issues for another.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kernelslacker/27433.html

--
Rahul