Announcing Fedora Core 5 Test 2

Igor Jagec igorm5 at vip.hr
Tue Jan 17 22:49:12 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> No. common misconception. Bugzilla is a generic tracking mechanism. See
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests

Ok I will, thanks.

>>Anyway, is there any sence if I propose rollback feature for
>>Pirut? Or is it better to ask Seth Vidal and the Yum guys? Thanks.
> Does rollback feature actually work you using up2date in Fedora?

Yep, it works perfectly. I used it recently when kdelib was breaking
k3b, and I rolled it back to older version of kdelibs with no problem.
It's much more easier to write 'up2date --undo' nor " rpm -Uvh
--rollback '1 hour ago' ", or something. Ok, I had problems with it on
Rawhide when you updated Xorg to 7.0 when I couldn't startx and that was
the only thing when rollback didn't make it. X are very complex packages
thoe and I suppose that rollback feature wasn't designed for such things
as rolling back to previous version of X or kernel. Anyway, rpm itself
does not provide such informations as it follows:

[root at munja ~]# up2date --list-rollbacks
install time: Tue Jan 17 03:35:30 2006   tid:1137465330
                [-] alsa-lib-1.0.10-2.FC4:
                [-] alsa-lib-devel-1.0.10-2.FC4:
                [-] groff-1.18.1.1-5:
                [+] groff-1.18.1.1-6.FC4:
                [+] alsa-lib-devel-1.0.10-3.FC4:
                [+] alsa-lib-1.0.10-3.FC4:

I usually don't keep those packages in /var/spool/repackage if I
experience no problem in a day or two. Anyway, that rollback feature is
a very nice thing.

--
Igor Jagec