FC5t2 upgrade really slow/memory hungry?

Hi,

I understand that package updater has been changed, but I'm not
impressed by its memory use.

I'm upgrading a P3 700 laptop with 256 mb ram, and each CD that I pop
in opens another "preparing to install" window, which sits there
forever. Anaconda is at 140mb memory usage, but only 8% CPU; it looks
as if it's swapping a lot.

The last estimate of time required was 10 hours to get it
upgraded, where I'm used to 1 to 3 hours.

Is this normal?