Re: Announcing Fedora Core 5 Test 2

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 20:34 +1300, Michael Knox wrote:
> I used what ever is provided out of the box.
>
> I am not at my office, so I can not check the machines we have with
> FC4 running. I can tomorrow tho.

An out of the box configuration has at least these issues:

1. up2date itself substitutes "3" for $releasever in repository
definitions instead of "4", hence trying to use FC3 repos instead of FC4
repos (#161071)

2. rhn-applet simply doesn't support repomd metadata and so cannot tell
which updates are available with the default "repomd fedora
http://fedora.redhat.com/"; entry in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources. The
result of this is that it never shows the red "X" telling you your
system needs updating (#160873)

Paul.