Reporting bugs upstream

Hello,

When I find a bug in fedora and it's obviously a bug upstream I report
it there. But do we have to report them in fedora bugzilla too and
reference the upstream bugreport? So if an other users files a bugreport
for the same bug and doesn't check upstream maintainer of the module
know it's already filed upstream. Or do we have to notify the maintainer
in other way?
I've searched the fedora wiki for this but I can't find any information
about this.

thanks,

Bart

--
Bart Vanbrabant <bart vanbrabant zoeloelip be>
PGP fingerprint: 093C BB84 17F6 3AA6 6D5E  FC4F 84E1 FED1 E426 64D1