Re: RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Hi

Hi Rahul,

Would it be possible for redhat to just extend security fixes for FCx
until FC(x+2) comes out? I think if I was using an older release this
is something I would really want.

n0dalus.
I dont make that decision and my personal opinion on this does not matter in the big picture of things, but why is it that pushing over additional burden on Red Hat projected as the only solution here?. Its not like the engineers arent drowned in tons of work already. The resources involved are not unlimited. Red Hat maintaining older releases will have a *negative impact* on forward development affecting every user eventually. Wasn't Fedora supposed to be the place where the community can get involved and do things? . Now is your opportunity. Why not help by validating the process of using Fedora legacy instead of treating it as some kind of unwanted step child?. I dont understand the aversion. There is a lot of work from QA to documentation that can be done by the community. Please step up to do it instead.

--
Rahul