Re: Double occurrence of "libevent" RPMS in core and extras

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 17:18 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

> This happens because noone had the god damn courtesty to notify the
> current maintainer of libevent in FE (which happens to be me) of
> the fact that RH has taken over maintainance of the package in Core.
>
> Thanks a lot.

I am deeply sorry this happened.  As the release engineer for Fedora, I
have made it a point to have developers notify and discuss with Extras
maintainers if/when they wish to pull something from Extras into core.
In the past this hasn't been handled very well, as you see here.
Hopefully in the future this will be done in a much more graceful way.

Please do not see this as a slight to you or your hard work.  We all
appreciate very much the work you've done by providing packages for
Extras.  In the case of this package, I'm almost certain that you've
saved a RH employee time and work by having the package already there.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora