Re: Double occurrence of "libevent" RPMS in core and extras

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:44 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> It should also be part of policy to make sure that if Extras
> packages are adopted into Core, that they upgrade existing FE
> packages. In other words, up that Release if you're going to
> rebuild, don't just rebuild.
>
> This process should really just be one of courtesy and sanity. We
> are happy to work with Red Hat employees, but it really looks bad
> when Red Hat doesn't want to work with us.

I agree completely.  We have internal policies that come into play with
packages are added to a product, such as Core.  I can easily make part
of that process involve touching base w/ the Extras maintainer and
making sure the Core package supersedes the existing extras nvre when
moving a package from Extras to core.

Externally, I imagine a few things have to happen within Extras,
removing the package and whatnot.  Whats the best way to coordinate
this?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora