RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 18:53:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:25:34PM +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> A. Notify the user that FC3 support has been handed over to Fedora
> Legacy the next time he/she runs yum(ex)/pirut/etc.

yum doesn't have the functionality for that at the moment. Not a bad idea so
perhaps one to submit patches for ?

> B. Give the user an automated tools to switch over his yum configuration
> to Fedora Legacy. (Including required PGP keys, yum.repo.d files, etc)

This is a good idea, such a package should probably start in extras as a test
the water exercise.

> C. As people suggested before me, the "Fedora Legacy" name is... well...
> problematic. People don't like being Legacy. "Fedora Long-Term Support"
> project?

Legacy sounds right to me.

Legacy: a bequest or gift usually passed on by will
Legacy: an item handed down or remaining from a previous time

The computing jargon use you allude to is an adjective, while Fedora is the
adjective in "Fedora Legacy".