Re: Proposal - don't install .rpmnew unless changed

Neal Becker wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

Neal Becker wrote:

It would save admins a lot of time if we modify rpm so that it does not
create a .rpmnew file if there is no change from the old file.  I would
think this would be a simple modification.

It already does this, doesn't it?

I don't think so!  I keep syncing with develop every day, and most days I
get a bunch of messages about "blah created as .rpmnew", and every day I
run diff, and almost always get no output.

Are you on an x86_64 box with lots of parallel-installed i386 packages?

Paul.