Re: Proposal - don't install .rpmnew unless changed

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>> Paul Howarth wrote:

>>>It already does this, doesn't it?
>>>

>> I don't think so!  I keep syncing with develop every day, and most days I
>> get a bunch of messages about "blah created as .rpmnew", and every day I
>> run diff, and almost always get no output.
>
> Are you on an x86_64 box with lots of parallel-installed i386 packages?

Yes, x86_64.  I have most parallel i386 packages that are standard on
x86_64.  I did not install extra i386 packages.

Today, for example, there were a bunch of messages about upgrade to
kdelibs-3.5.0-5.  It does happen that there are both x86_64 and i386
versions of this, do you think this is the explanation?  In any case, any
chance to fix it?