Re: RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Christopher Aillon wrote:

On 01/19/2006 02:26 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Christopher Aillon wrote:

Well, do we really want to sound too attractive? Its effectively beta quality software.

We do. We need more people to test it. I am of the opinion that we have been way too cautious about asking people to say away and we end up with bugs in the GA release as a result of that.

We can get that without fooling them into thinking its a released product with a spiffy name.

Attractive names are not deceptive by any means.

Its a test release. We want them to test. If they don't know they are supposed to be testing and filing bugs, there is no benefit to us, and no benefit to them.

I agree with that though.

--
Rahul