Re: libtrash in fedora Core 5

Bernhard Suttner wrote:
Helo fedora people,
I had a big problem yesterday. I have deleted some important files on a
ext3 filesystem. As you know, with ext3 you can not undelete files (I
have tested undelete, recover, unrm, grep, e2undel and many more).
So I have searched for a "solution" to the "delete" problem, and I have found
libtrash. If you have installed libtrash, all files you delete go into a directory "trash". If you are sure, you can delete the file really. Would it be possible to add libtrash to the Fedora Core 5?
Greets,
Bernhard Suttner

This sounds badly like a "we need linux to behave like windows" initiative, which IMHO is not the way we want to go!

All the provided desktop managers (GNOME, KDE) have this feature. Making a trashcan for everything would really be a bad idea!

/Thomas