totem still the default for cd play but cd play feature removed from totem

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:26:24 UTC 2006

When inserting a cd-audio, totem starts but an error message states
that it is not able to play although a plugin is present to handle it.
The same if Places --> Audio Disc.
Totem message is due to the recent changes that removed cd audio play
support in it, ok.
Is this an upstream thing?
If so, I'd have to go through gnome bugzilla to ask for update.
If this is a personalization of fedora, is it possible to change also
gnome default application
for cd audio management?
BTW, starting manually cd play with r'n'box is ok for me.
Or does this depend on package updates not correctly managing changes,
such as for the recent post for gdm?
Thanks,
Gianluca