Re: Removing Evolution on Rawhide

On 1/20/06, Rodd Clarkson <rodd clarkson id au> wrote:
> As I understand it, a lot of applications now use e-d-s to create
> conduits to related information.
>
> For example, gaim can use login information in e-d-s, instead of having
> to enter it into gain as well (so you can manage your contact from one
> place).
>
> Also, the panel (or more correctly the clock applet, connect to e-d-s to
> show you calendar information when you click on the time. I love this
> feature myself.

Clearly this is just a perception problem over how the e-d-s bits are
named. The solution is to rename the e-d-s to gnome-d-s that way no
one will perceive that their system is tainted with the heresy that is
known as evolution.

-jef"Is a gnome desktop without evolution.... intelligent design?"spaleta