Reporting bugs upstream

Horst von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Jan 20 23:52:18 UTC 2006

Mike A. Harris <mharris at mharris.ca> wrote:

[...]

> Sure, the system isn't perfect.  And the situation you describe is
> entirely feasible.  However, I've seen bugs reported in which it is
> perfectly clear that a user has never even attempted to see if there
> was a duplicate, because their subject line or other aspects of their
> bug were almost word for word identical to one or more other bug
> reports, etc.

It would be quite useful to show bugs (perhaps the most recent ones?) for
the selected component. As things stand, you have to go search (select
package, etc; and the search isn't very intuitive as it stands) and if not
found, file a bug (again, select package etc). For me at least (far away in
network terms) this is slow and somewhat irritating.