Re: rawhide report: 20060121 changes

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 13:41 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> I can confirm this, however I wonder why this sort of thing even happens
> - it would make sense to me if a package which nothing depended on would
> get accidently removed, but I would think that the buildsystem would
> throw up warnings when you remove something that is needed.

The functionality of hotplug is no longer needed.  However some packages
were compiled against it in the past.  Currently our internal tool for
removing a package from a distro does not do a depcheck to see if
anything requires it.  It just isn't that smart.  Good news though,
we're rewriting these tools so that the next gen could be this smart.
(;