Re: X11 performance, rawhide vs. FC4 (including hard numbers)

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 06:40:13PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> >c) xvperf will try to use a YUY2 transfer. Almost all cards ought to
> >   have such a transfer mode.
> Did you try YV12 ? thats the most often used mode?

I did no extensive tests on this, just a small peek during development.
It seemed to have no significant effect. But it's no big deal to
change the transfer mode (It's the FORMAT define). If I find
the time tomorrow I will make this selectable from the command line.

> I saw you also tried this on radeon, same effect?

Uuh, I do not have a radeon available, just a Rage128 and a
GeForce2MX.