Re: rawhide report: 20060121 changes

David Nielsen wrote:

lør, 21 01 2006 kl. 09:51 -0800, skrev Jesse Keating:

The functionality of hotplug is no longer needed.  However some packages
were compiled against it in the past.  Currently our internal tool for
removing a package from a distro does not do a depcheck to see if
anything requires it.  It just isn't that smart.  Good news though,
we're rewriting these tools so that the next gen could be this smart.
(;

You are, without a doubt, my hero - if I grow up I wanna be just like
Jesse.

Thats a very good compliment but I rather see you grow up as David Nielson ;-) . You can still do some of the release engineer work by checking against these issues.

--
Rahul