New artwork!

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:40:11 UTC 2006

man, 23 01 2006 kl. 10:28 -0800, skrev Jesse Keating:
> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 17:46 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Very true. We shouldnt be over blowing the importance of core. Do file a
> > bug report against the specific package and highlight the rationale.
>
> But what about once you put Extras on there?  No longer is it just
> Fedora Core.  This is why I've been keeping the 'Fedora Linux' naming
> scheme on my backburner.  Fedora Linux could define anything that which
> is Fedora Core + Extras + Legacy.  The term 'Core' is very restrictive
> when talking about the whole.  I feel a parallel argument would be the
> 'Linux' vs 'GNU/Linux' argument.  (BTW I'm in favor of just Linux).
> Once you start to try and quantify a term, then you have to be complete
> about it, GNU/BSD/etc.../Linux.  Gets to be quite a mouthful (;

I'm partial to just "Fedora" it's easy to say, easy to remember and once
someone gets the idea that porting the Fedora base system to say the
OpenSolaris kernel (and you just know someone will do that at some point
for no other reason that. we can) it does not impose the Linux name.
Besides I was never a big fan of "Linux this and Linux that" naming
schemes, I run Fedora with the Fedora Desktop on top of it - currently
that just happens to be based on Linux and GNOME.

- David

--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog