Re: FC4 Mirrors problems

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 11:26 +0100, Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
> I have been noticing increasingly more failing mirrors
> when doing yum updates on FC4 installations lately.
> Is there any script checking the validity of mirrors
> from time to time to make sure the mirrorlist is up
> to date?
>
> Ex:
> http://planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
> Doesn't look quite right, and gives a rather long errorlog in yum.

In this case it seems they have done some reorganization since
that link gets you to:
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
(404 html error page)

But the actual file is available at:
http://downloads.planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml

So I guess this one should be fixed in the mirrorlist easily.

-HK