Re: rawhide report: 20060125 changes

On 01/25/2006 02:18 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 08:15:10PM +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
I got this too. "killall gconfd-2" fixed it though, seems somehow the
schema files weren't read in by the running gconf daemon or something.

feedback on irc.gnome.org:#ekiga
[19:50] <DV> ctooley: if there is a step missing, email me about it :-)
[19:51] <ctooley> DV:  No it seems like the RPM is supposed to do it, it did load part of the schema, just not all of it.

  I don't understand how it could be partially loaded from the command in
the postinstall script but rerunning the loading of the schemas in gconf
seems to solve it ...

See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/173869

It is a FC5 Blocker bug, so expect it to get fixed before FC5.

As a workaround, add gconftool-2 --shutdown to your %post for now like I did with rhythmbox, but make note of it so we can remove it when the bug gets fixed.