cursors themes

Laurent Jacquot jk at lutty.net
Wed Jan 25 19:24:58 UTC 2006

Hello list,
since the modular xorg transition, I cannot have my cursor theme to
behave.
I know there was a bug regarding the xcursorgen, it has been corrected
(my cursors file are correct).

But now I cannot get _some_ cursors to display, just the plain ugly 70's
default one. The only busy cursor I ever get are before the gdm display,
after it disapear. The xterm cursor is functionnal, as drag&drop, the
url cursor is ok too. But everything else is just reverted to the
default one.
I tried Bluecurve theme and several others..

Some config data:
-rawhide fully updated daily (except the kernel)
-kernel 2.6.14-1.1808_FC5
-nvidia module 8178
composite or not, twinview or not, glx or not, nothing gives me my
cursors back.

I am about to fill a bug, but how can i debug it, and against which
component?

Laurent